Friday, February 11, 2011

Round our house.

Not too much going on in Taylor ville lately.
Just pretty much work and hanging around the house then repeat again...lol!

I haven't shared this yet but recently we have found out Kennedy has many food allergies. It started the week after Christmas. I noticed her cheeks looked more flushed than normal, then she started breaking out in these weird rashes (which were hives) and these symptoms would come in go very quick. I made a doctors appointment immediately and they had said it definitely is a food allergy. They sent us to have blood work done and come to find out she's allergic to wheat, peanuts, egg whites and all diary products. Her wheat and peanut allergy is very mild but the diary and egg white is a class 2. Meaning she breaks out in hives every time she eats it. We have limited her wheat intake because EVERYTHING has wheat in it. It's almost impossible to eliminate wheat ALL together. We have been to several health food stores and have gotten things wheat and gluten free like her snacks. We have eliminated all diary, peanut and egg whites from her diet and it seems to be working. Hopefully she'll grow out of this terrible allergy. Praise the Lord she has adapted VERY well and will even ask me sometimes "mommy can I have this or does it have egg in it?!". She double checks...lol!
At first I was a little down about this but I'm SO glad it's something minor and she could very well grow out of it. The Lord opened my eyes up very fast and I'm so blessed that it wasn't something major.

Headed to Church Wednesday night sporting her Valentines wear!



I'm off work for a whole week. I'm SO excited. I can't remember the last time I've been off work for a complete week. I plan to do nothing, nothing and more of nothing (maybe a little blogging!).
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

You are right...at first it seems awful, but really, it is do-able! Good luck and I hope she can grow out of it!! Hope you enjoy your "time off"!

petrii said...

OH poor Kennedy!! Dak had allergies as a little too, and still doesn't tolerate milk well and now no soy milk either, but he does well with almond milk, so we've learned to adapt. It is hard sometimes though. I'm glad that she is handling it well.

Have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn

Mary Beth said...

A friend's 4 year old son has similar allergies as Kennedy. It was scary at first, but they have adapted well. I'm glad that she seems to be adjusting to it.

Enjoy your week off!

Unknown said...

Hi Abbi,

I chose you to receive the Stylish Blogger Award, take a look at my blog: http://carleejoy.blogspot.com/

I just love your blog! It's very cute & stylish! :)

Hope you're having a good day!

Kim said...

Poor baby girl. At least y'all have it under control now & you know what she's allergic to & can & cannot eat. I bet that was tough for y'all at first. By the way, loving these pictures of y'all! You are too skinny & make me sick. hehe ok J/k but you do have such a beautiful family. ♥

University of Iowa Meg said...

I am lactose intolerant- it's tough...but you adjust...and my nephew has celiac disease. Hang in there- hopefully she grows out of all this stuff!